CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 16, 2010

bean bag tutorial



Okay, so I know this isn't an original idea or anything, but I made some bean bags for my kids and they LOVE them! I also try to find ways to use them during school time. Around valentine's, I cut big hearts out of construction paper and wrote numbers on them and tapped them to the hallway floor. I called out a number and they had to toss the bean bag onto the number. I love it when we can accomplish 2 things at a time - physical education (tossing) and math (number recognition)!

Okay, so for all of you who just landed on planet earth and doesn't know how to make bean bags...here you go :)



materials -
fabrics
pattern (5x5)
fabric pen
scissors
beans



1. trace the pattern onto the fabric
2. cut out squares
3. sew right sides together - leave an openning to pour the beans into
4. turn the bags inside out



5. use scissors to push the corners all the way out



6. enlist little helpers to fill the bags full of beans
7. hand sew the openning closed



8. enjoy!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Great pictures!! I also made some bean bags! I got some iron on letters and did my girls names and the alphabet!

Here's the link if you want to check them out!

http://k-tribe.blogspot.com/2010/04/home-made-bean-bags.html

Mama Jenn said...

Oh, what a great reminder!!! I started making bean bags for my kiddos, but never finished them. I need to get back to work! :-)