CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 19, 2012

polar bear, polar bear

This week we are talking about arctic animals! I bought this amazing pack from Teacher Bits and Bobs' TpT store. Seriously, these packs are great - I love that I can still plan in themes and reinforce things that we are learning this year AND that they are so adorable! (picture taken from teacher bits and bobs blog)


We went to the library yesterday and checked out some non-fiction and fiction books about arctic animals ~ especially polar bears. Before reading a book about polar bears, I asked the girls what they already knew about them. I wrote their answers on index cards in blue. Then, I read them a book about polar bears. After reading the book, I asked the girls if they learned anything new and recorded their answers on index cards in pink. (don't judge the color of my wall ~ it's a major oops color!)



And of course, I had to follow this activity with a craftivity! I found this adorable polar bear craftivity on Pinterest ~ have I mentioned before how much I *love* pinterest :) You can ckeck out the teaching blog that originally posted about these polar bears here. I found the emergent reader at making learning fun.I have another polar bear craftivity that I plan to share, so be sure to check back tomorrow!

2 comments: